7.20.2011

japantown redux


If Spam is involved, you can get David to go anywhere. We got him to take us back to Japantown for the second time in two days. You know the drill.


This time with rice. Why no Futakake, May's Cafe?







I found these shots in David's camera library, from the Japanese bookstore we were browsing through. He's got such nice taste.




Here's something I'm really not proud of. My loot from Daiso, the $1.50 store in Japantown. 




This is wrong on so many levels. 


First, I'm not a fan of "I Bought This" blog posts. I'll read a "What I Wore" post, but that's about as superficial as I can handle. To each his own, but it's not for me. Still, to each his own.


Second, Daiso sets off the same panic buttons in me as in any big box store. The waste, the excess, the plastic, the packaging, the pollution. On and on. I felt wrong the second we stepped in, I'm sure David did, too.


Third, I could've bought groceries with the money I spent on these paper flags, hard boiled egg shapers, adorable small roll of aluminum foil with nice graphics, thermal tap pants for Stella, plastic rice paddles, candies, tiny bottles to hold soy sauce in bento lunches, magnets, drawing pads, and most importantly, $1.50-a-pair false eyelashes! I'll admit it. I came here for the eyelashes. I've been following some Facebook chatter of some other dancers and they've been hitting up Daiso for their low-cost eyelashes. I had to check it out. I bought four pair, each in it's own wasteful plastic container.


I promise I won't do it again. I felt, and still feel, guilty.



At the end of the day, as I was still not feeling like toiling in the kitchen (boy, that show really took it out of me), David treated us to some delicious and cheap Middle Eastern food at Palmyra. Here we are in our July best woolens headed home for the night.


07.16.11

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...