11.10.2011

homemade holiday cards



I painted all of these cards a lifetime ago. It was an obsession every year, from Thanksgiving until the week before Christmas, painting away. Twenty five or so individual cards, painstakingly drawn and watercolored. My holiday cards were always a smash.


Nativity


Carolers

My old love, crosshatching. Lights on the tree, with real tinsel!

Barn door with wreath. I did these in color as well.

These guys didn't make the final cut, but there is potential here.

Same with these Christmas lights. I like 'em.

I'm going to do something I never believed in or got around to doing all those years ago. I'm going to take these critters down to a print shop and see if I can get my own little Etsy shop going before the holidays. I will surely post it here if I can make that happen!


By the way, if David had his way, this is the card you'd get from us every year:







6 comments:

  1. I love, love, love the little snowmen! Such expressive faces. I would buy those!

    ReplyDelete
  2. agreed. the snowmen are awesome. and david's vote made me laugh. get that etsy shop up!

    ReplyDelete
  3. These are incredible! I have done watercolor cards in the past, but I always talk myself into thinking I don't have enough time...which I really do. Really, great work. Good luck with the etsy shop! I think you will do well!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks to all three of you for your supportive words! Now I REALLY feel like I should do it. Thank you for taking the time to comment, and I will be sure to visit your blogs this weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are all fabulous! Good luck with the shop, which you should totally do.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much, Richard! I totally just took 'em into the printers today. Thanks for the encouragement. You'd better buy some. ;)

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...