2.25.2014

fresh bread



I am spending a lot of time these days riding the highs and lows of being chin deep in a project and being beyond exhausted. The highs are lessening and the lows are hard, but I know at the end of April it'll all be normal again so I try not to fret. 

One thing that made me feel good this weekend was making bread. I am serious. White bread. One of the least healthy foods on the planet, I know. But taking the time to mix it up with the kids, watching it rise, making a few different variations on it and incorporating it into both our Saturday dinner and Sunday breakfast made me feel like the wife and mother I want to be but can't be right now. 

It's been out for a few years now, but if you haven't checked out Artisan Bread in Five Minutes a Day you should. These loaves are the buttermilk bread recipe because I happened to have buttermilk in the refrigerator. I added a swirl of chocolate, sugar and cinnamon to the Sunday morning loaf, a variation on the cinnamon raisin bread recipe from the book.

Back to work now. Have a great week!

xoxo





2 comments:

  1. My family loves cinnamon bread. I gave it away for Christmas. It's fun baking bread.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...